Friday, January 29, 2016

One Month Old

Koby is now one month old. I have never been so excited to proclaim that our child made it to such a short milestone. But if you've followed us the past month you know how much of an accomplishment this is.

When he was a few days old the doctors told us to expect at least a couple of months in the NICU, if all goes well. So it is a miracle to say that we went to our discharge class tonight! This means we are getting really close to getting this boy home with his siblings. We are preparing for some time next week. We have some fun plans in the works for our "family reunion."
The doctors and nurses know that the best thing for Koby is to be surrounded by loved ones. He seems to calm down when being held. And we are ready to be together as a family again.

We are at the hospital tonight, learning to work the G Tube. The nurses watch us as we show them we can figure things out. It's a little intimidating but is not too difficult so far. They are training us to take over all of the things they've been doing for Koby the past month.















Sharalee's sister Tasha has come to the hospital to hold him the past two nights. He loves her already!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such good news - and a major milestone for you all. I know Koby will make strides forward at home with family that love him. Following these blogs has touched our hearts. You've shown true faith and courage and little Koby has already shown he's made of tough stuff. We continue to remember you all in prayers. Much Love, Bob and Sheena

JaNeen Hales said...

I am so happy for you, preparing to take Koby home. Aunt Fern called me and told me about your little boy. I have read your entire blog and so glad for the tender mercies you have received. I put Kobys name in the Temple when I went and I am prying for your special little boy and family. We had to teach our grandson Michael how to suck, it wasn't easy. So glad for the "village" that is helping your family. Thank you for sharing this time in yiur life with everybody. Prayers will continue. Love JaNeen Davis Hales.

JaNeen Hales said...

I am so happy for you, preparing to take Koby home. Aunt Fern called me and told me about your little boy. I have read your entire blog and so glad for the tender mercies you have received. I put Kobys name in the Temple when I went and I am prying for your special little boy and family. We had to teach our grandson Michael how to suck, it wasn't easy. So glad for the "village" that is helping your family. Thank you for sharing this time in your life with everybody. Prayers will continue. Love JaNeen Davis Hales.