Koby's warming up went great, so we rushed in this morning to see him. He has some seriously red hair. Sharalee held him for about an hour. He opened his eyes and held on to her hand. What a monumental step for him. We were about to switch holding him when he decided to stop breathing and he turned blue. The nurses got him stable again but he is exhausted, so I will need to wait another day to hold him myself. I'm ok with this as I got to touch him. And besides a baby needs his Mom the most right?!





Our nurses and doctors here are so amazing. One of our nurses worked early this morning to surprise us. She had the maintenance crew come and unlock the window in Koby's area. She then decorated the window with "Koby 💓 you". Sharon drove the kiddos up to Nashville (20 minute drive) to show them the surprise. They waved at us through the window. It was like our family was together for the first time (kinda sorta).





4 comments:
That nurse is a gem! Seeing your kids looking at the hospital window aching to be with their brother...it brought me to tears. I am so happy you got to snuggle Koby! He needs his Mommy and Daddy! Love you all!!!
That nurse is a gem! Seeing your kids looking at the hospital window aching to be with their brother...it brought me to tears. I am so happy you got to snuggle Koby! He needs his Mommy and Daddy! Love you all!!!
Awesome!!! We are starting our fast for little Koby. So glad the kids got that window treat. Reminds me of us looking at Mondy through the glass at the hospital and not being able to hold or touch her but at least see her through the window. Such sweet memories. Love you all. Uncle Jonny
Hi I'm
Cammie's sister in law, Kamry. Just wanted to tell you were praying for Koby, and your family. I used to work in pediatric cardiology. These babies are fighters. And plus he's a red head they fight even more! (My last has red hair like that) our prayers are with you all.
Post a Comment