Koby gets way more attention than I would ever know what to do with myself. Erica, one of our primary nurses, told me how Koby was "The Man of the NICU" everyone knows about him and adores his hair color. Even the receptionist told me how cute my son's hair was as I was signing in. Wow!
We do have some great nurses, and while we have loved and appreciated all who have helped us, we've grown fond of our primary nurses. We had a few nurses who chose to primary Koby because they fell in love with him from the start. To primary a patient means they get to follow Koby and always be his nurse through his journey in the NICU. They may usually be in a certain area of the NICU but they give that up to be with Koby. It provides consistency for Koby and they get to know his needs and routines so he gets more personalized care. This can be a risk because you never know what can happen with a baby in the NICU.

These ladies amaze me at all they're are constantly juggling. It's impressive, plus they're so much fun :). If you have to be in the NICU, this is the one to be at.


When I can't be there I don't feel so bad knowing great people like these sweet gals are watching over and loving on my son.
Koby had a great day with both of his therapies. The occupational therapist is very happy with his progress. He's gaining more control of his neck and and able to lift his head a bit when he's on his tummy he alsostretches his arms and legs without a fight.
Speech therapy was fantastic too. Amanda decided to try playing some music to stimulate Koby to stay awake during his therapy because he usually falls asleep so quickly they rarely get a chance to have the complete therapy. One thing led to another and all of a sudden Taylor Swift music came on and he got more alert and started to suck quite consistently. Thank you Taylor Swift! My girls LOVE Taylor Swift and play it often so I'm sure to him it's familiar comfort music.

5 comments:
That is awesome that he started sucking! Make sure to save that video so you can show his wife someday that he likes that kind of music :)
Nice moves, Koby! He is definitely a Nabrotzky - it's becoming more and more apparent. What a wonderful little guy.
I love it! I'm so happy he's doing well!
I love these updates and am so grateful for these earthly angels!!
I love these updates and am so grateful for these earthly angels!!
Post a Comment