Koby had a great weekend!

My favorite thing about Koby's progress this weekend is he is starting to have more time awake. It is so fun to see him becoming aware of his surroundings and hopefully that includes me. Our nurses seem to know just what to do. Today when he got a little fussy while I was feeding him (through his NG tube), I started to panic a little because Koby hasn't been fussy yet. He didn't want the binky, we're trying not to create any aversions for him so he'll want to keep working on trying to eat through his mouth. Amanda just turned him around so he could rest his head on my chest and he settled right down.
Koby is also making strides with his suck/gag/swallow reflex. On several occasions he got a little fussy and was soothed by sucking on his binky!!! He is sucking more and more and smacking his lips when we put a little milk on them while he's being fed through his NG tube.

True to "red head" form Koby has had a few rashes pop up. I'd been using what I thought was a very mild and fine for sensitive skin detergent and washed all of Koby's clothes in it. Not long after they allowed him to start wearing clothes from home he started getting a little contact dermatitis. My other fair and ginger hair colored boys were a little sensitive too so we used Dreft. Last weekend I bought some Deft and after this weekend I'm going to need to pick up a completely "free" detergent. He's still breaking out a little even with Dreft. Mr. Miracle (a cute name a dear friend was calling him this weekend) even needed a sits bath because his teeny bum was getting raw. Those nurses are so on top of it with him.

Koby had a few special visitors this weekend. Amazing Aunt Brittany and the close family friends and church leader David & Annita Watson. Both spoiled him in ways only they could 😉 (more to come on that in an upcoming post that I'm still working on.)



3 comments:
What special visitors!! Oh I'm so jealous. Love you all!! That Koby is so cute and has a special place in my heart already... Red heads unite!
Ahhh, this was the best weekend ever. Sweet Koby sucking on that binky was such a neat miracle. I cannot believe how perfect he is!!! Loves!
Ahhh, this was the best weekend ever. Sweet Koby sucking on that binky was such a neat miracle. I cannot believe how perfect he is!!! Loves!
Post a Comment