The support we have felt since posting our story has been miraculous. We have had literally thousands of views on our blog in just one day. Family, friends, and friends of those friends have sent us messages of encouragement and have visited this site from the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Brazil, Lebanon, Germany, Spain, France, New Zealand, Australia, and Argentina. Some of these countries are places we've never visited. We don't know how to ever show our appreciation as it has strengthened us. The power of prayer is so real to us right now, and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. We have felt the prayers.
They are now starting to warm up his body temperature tonight. He's 93 degrees right now, and they will increase it by 1/2 degree every hour or so, until he's up to 98.6. They are doing this throughout the night tonight, so we will have a report on how it goes in the morning.
I had a surreal experience after breakfast with Kaylie, our nine year old. She has asked me about 12 times per day when she will be able to hold Koby. I've told her the same thing each time: that she will get to hold him once he is out of the hospital. That doesn't seem to satisfy her, and she keeps asking for me to find a way to get her back to his room so she can do it.
So, I reiterated to Kaylie again that she still has to be patient, and needs to pray that Koby gets better quickly so she can hold him sooner. When I said this to her for the 50th time she stopped eating breakfast, put her head down, and just started to sob. I jumped up and just held her and sobbed with her --remember I am not a crying type of guy so it takes a lot to admit it publicly:)
At that moment I was brought back in time to when I was an 8 year old. My sister Mindy was born premature and was very sick, and the doctors gave her a tiny chance of surviving. She was in the NICU for 6 weeks, and I can vividly remember talking to my parents about it. I can remember laying in my parents bed when my Dad walked into the room. I put his pillow over my head to cover up the fact that I had been sobbing. I wanted to hold my sister Mindy so bad, and we weren't allowed to because she was too sick. My Dad explained the reasons why again, and he told me that I would be the first brother allowed to hold her the day she came home. It made me feel good, and I was excited for that special day. And now, 29 years later, I am the Dad explaining to my own child the same thing my Dad had to explain to me. It made me appreciate my parents so much, and grateful that I can have a chance to learn these lessons of gratitude and parenthood.
Tomorrow is a big day with Koby, and we look forward to any type of progress he has.

14 comments:
Sending love to the brothers and sisters waiting to hug little Koby.
I almost can't even comprehend how much good there is in this world. Thank you for the update and show of support from all over the world! With all the bad and trails that happen every day I think we as people forget that humans are good, God is amazing and miracles do happen. To all who read this, from every part of the world, you should know that this family that baby Koby has been born to is one of the greatest out there. They are strong, they are kind, they are service doers and they have faith. Keep fighting baby Koby, it is worth it! We all love you SO much!
I almost can't even comprehend how much good there is in this world. Thank you for the update and show of support from all over the world! With all the bad and trails that happen every day I think we as people forget that humans are good, God is amazing and miracles do happen. To all who read this, from every part of the world, you should know that this family that baby Koby has been born to is one of the greatest out there. They are strong, they are kind, they are service doers and they have faith. Keep fighting baby Koby, it is worth it! We all love you SO much!
Praying for Koby and your family. Love, the LaMont's ❤️
The words from Brittany and Steven were beautiful. We are a special family. We love the lord,have faith in miracles, and love each other. Elise,thank you for your encouraging words and message.
The words from Brittany and Steven were beautiful. We are a special family. We love the lord,have faith in miracles, and love each other. Elise,thank you for your encouraging words and message.
We are praying for you all. Thank you for sharing your journey and for letting us feel a part of Koby's life. I hope all of your kiddos will get to hold him soon. May Good bless you and give you the strength and courage you need to walk through these emotionally days.
Thank you for taking the time to update us on Koby's progress. I have been so worried, constantly asking Jon for updates, which he unsurprisingly never has. Thank you also for sharing your testimony of miracles and faith. I am so happy to know that you have experienced some tender mercies along the way. Our Dylan was in the NICU for 18 days following his birth. I know it is a trying time, but please know that you have many praying right along with you. Love to you all!
I just heard this morning. Love reading the updates Steve. What a wonderful way to share your story. We are all praying for Koby and your family. Let me know if I can do anything! Prayers, Robyn Jennings
I just heard this morning. Love reading the updates Steve. What a wonderful way to share your story. We are all praying for Koby and your family. Let me know if I can do anything! Prayers, Robyn Jennings
Our prays are with your family that Koby recovers soon.
I thought of you, Steve, when I read this quote yesterday. Our tears have been freely flowing for the Nabrotzky clan this week. We love you.
"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love." -Washington Irving
We are hoping for the best and continue to pray for you guys! Fight, KOBY JAY! We love you already
Our prayers are with you guys. Our youngest son Tucker was also born with HIE and had to do the cooling pad for 3 days at Vanderbilt. It was awful not being able to hold him during that time. But it was worth the wait! Sending you hugs!!
Oh Steve I'm a puddle of tears! I didn't know you were the first brother to hold me. How grateful I am for all the prayers on my behalf when I was a little baby too. I believe in miracles and in the Lord's power and hand in our every moment. I pray that the doctors and nurses will all be guided too and help Koby to the very best they are able. What a miracle that he was born when he was to get the medical help he needed! I want to give each of your kids a giant group hug and wipe away their tears!
Post a Comment