I just love our nurses. They have the cutest way of saying and doing things. Today we were able to get a peek at what Koby really like without all that stuff on him since it was his "Spa Day". Our nurse planned his spa time when I could be there and help with the process. I am happy to do anything for Koby but I was most excited to get a good look at him without all the wires, tubes and tape. He does look like one of our babies!
The nurse practitioner came and spoke with me about Koby. They are still watching and waiting to see what he does. If I understood her correctly the most amount of progress will happen up until two weeks after the cooling therapy. After that skills/reflexes will take a lot more time and work to be developed. He was able to safely consume 4ml of breast milk today when the speech pathologist came to work with him this morning. This was so exciting! The last time she worked with him he only took in 1ml. She puts milk on his binky and puts her finger in his mouth to try to stimulate his tongue to make the "U" shape and waves, which are necessary to get anything from a nipple.
Koby also was able to spend the morning with my mom before she left for home. It's pretty melancholy at my house now with her gone. All my kids miss her, and though I do appreciate all the help with the work she does. Just having her here brought me so much calm and reassurance that everything was going to be okay. Thank goodness for moms! We are blessed enough to have Steve's mom close by and we're grateful for all the love and support she also gives us. I love how my kids have such great relationships with both sets of their grandparents. There is much to learn and glean from them for all of us.







5 comments:
He looks a lot like daddy! Yay for continued progress!
Especially in that first picture. That's the exact face Steve makes when you kiss him right Sharalee? :)
I am so happy he is doing as great as he is. Dr. Stafford shared your blog with me. I have been praying he's been doing well. Prayers continue for you and the entire family.
Beverly Pylant,RN
I think we're all just falling in love with him. So grateful you could enjoy a "spa" day with him. He is so cute
These pictures are adorable Sharalee! He looks so much like a Nabrotzky!
Post a Comment