Kaylie started this day off with a bang! I had hoped that especially today we'd be leaving all the adventurous and curious trouble that Kaylie has gotten into since she was 18 months old behind. That was wishful thinking. She is as curious and active as ever, will she ever let up? Good thing she is so cute. I usually have to leave the room so I can laugh, cry, scream, then pull myself back together and then go try to convince her that it was not a great choice and she shouldn't do it again. I LOVE BEING A MOM!
This is Kaylie proudly holding her Potty Treat Jar. Every time she gets all the wet stuff in the potty she gets a starburst. Every time she successfully get all the stinky stuff in the potty she gets Yummy Yems (I love the way she says M&M's). Three weeks after a lot of hardwork, sweat, and tears I can truly say KAYLIE IS POTTY TRAINED. That is to me her greatest accomplishment of her last three years. There were days I thought it would never happen. I have been dying to blog about this but every time I'd think it was the right day to declare this, she'd have an accident. And let me tell you her accidents are not little thing. I didn't want to jump the gun or jynx our luck, but I think it is safe to say she can do it. She likes to take care of it all on her own but that never works out. After today I am officially hiding the froggy potty. She loves to sit on that since its so cute, but she insists on dumping it herself and then rinsing it and I just can't handle the unidentifiable puddles and substances in the strangest places any longer. I am trying to respect her independence, but as a somewhat responsible adult I feel I have to do something for the greater good (which in this case is not only my sanity but our whole family's health.) Kyle could crawl around and find it before me. After the first week I told Steve I'd didn't think I'd ever be able to leave the house again. After the second week we ventured out but always took a special bag with all the essentials incase of an accident. We'd use is 50% of the time. I tried not to get discouraged. Now I am so grateful, I still give thanks for this in my prayers each night.
I love how little children are so easy to please. Her favorite place to eat it "Old McDonald's" Lately she has gotten a kick out of pretending to be baby. She does this by mimicking everything she sees Kyle do, that's why she's in the stroller in this picture.
Kaylie has a special place in her hearty for her Daddy. Whenever he gets home from work she is the first one to greet him with a big "Daddy's Home!" at the top of her lungs, along with a big hug. Kaylie I know you are curious of full of energy but I also know you are very smart. You love to sing and memorize and learn music very quickly. Randomly you will burst into song and brighten the day. My favorite is when you really dramatize the song from High School Musical 3 "All. . .(and the way you say all sounds like Ah, and I always jump to see what's wrong) after a significant pause you add the rest. . .I want to do, is be with you, be with you." Then I realize you're just singing all is well, but I fall for it everytime since whenever you see Kyle doing something he shouldn't you always say "Ah" really dramatically. You love to tease, but when you see someone who is sad you are very concerned and try to help them feel better. When I tried to fake cry at one of your poopy stinky accidents you ask me for three days "Mommy why did you cry when I pooped in my underwear?". I felt pretty bad about using such tactics but what can I say, I was desparate. You love to take care of your babies, and anytime we need to go somewhere I feel like you're dragging along half of the playroom too. I am come to realize you are just doing what you see me do. Someday Kaylie you will be a fantastic mom.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Oh my oh me, Kaylie is 3!
Posted by Unknown at 9/01/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Cute kids Sharalee. Kaylie looks so much like a Nelson in these pictures. Especially the one where she is holding the potty treats.
Post a Comment