Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kyle and his Cake


From the look of this picture you'd think we were torturing the kid. But really, Kyle loved the cake until he got tired of being messy, then we got that cute little fat lip and alligator tears until we got him cleaned up. My favorite part of 1st birthdays is the cake eating. Thanks to my great brother and sister inlaw Joe & Brittany, we had some fun sports shaped cupcakes for his little party. I also made him a ball field cake that he got to dig into. I made the cakes while Steve decorated them. He did a good job, I was very impressed. Thanks Joe & Britt for going to the trouble to send the cake mould out, it was totally worth it to us. And thank you Steve for your creative decorating. I wouldn't have done the whole sports/balls at such a young age if Kyle didn't love them so much, but he really does love balls. Balls are what saved his one year old birthday photo shoot. I will be blogging about that very soon.

Kyle also enjoyed getting a few boy toys since we still don't have to many of those around our house. He has this new cute face that he pulls whenever he finds, or plays with a ball. His mouth becomes the shape of a ball, then he follows that up with some really cool sound effects. He also is loving the new trucks he got, he's got some even more exciting sound effects for those than the ball noises. Where to boys get their sound effects? I am pretty sure I don't give him examples of that. However or wherever, I love it and it's so darn cute.

3 comments:

Damaris said...

I love the cake and cupcakes, they look great! Happy Birthday Kyle!

EMMALEE said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
THAT IS SO CUTE I LOVE HE HAS THE WHOLE CAKE ON HIS FACE THAT IS SO ADORABLE

Family said...

Love it!!! I can't believe he is 1!