Monday, September 21, 2009

Kyle is ONE!

Where has the time gone? I am such a broken record, but really how can my baby boy already be one? I never thought I would get a boy, and if I ever entertained the thought I never dreamed it would come so soon, and I never thought I'd enjoy it so much. I love it! It is different from the girls, which I still love and enjoy everything girl, but now I have learned to love the whole boy experience just as much. Thank you Kyle.

Kyle is such a miracle and so full of sweetness. I felt so blessed with everything regarding Kyle. He nursed like a champ right from the beginning. It took me a couple months to admit he was a good nurser and there weren't any problems since I had geared myself up to deal with complications and problems since I had them with the girls. Not with Kyle. Kyle wasn't the perfect sleeper from the beginning but he sleeps through the night now and has since he was 9 months old. I don't know how he got me so wrapped around his finger but he slept with Steve and I until he was almost three months old. Steve kept asking how long I was going to keep letting him sleep with us, since I vowed we would never let kids sleep in our bed when Kinzy was born. (I have learned not to vow anything I really don't want to have happen or for sure it will.) He was so cuddly I coudln't resist. Kyle will still stop and cuddle with me from time to time and I admit, I will give him just about anything when he makes me melt like that. Whenever I am away from him even if its just for a second his whole countenance lights up when I come back and he gives me a tight hug or a cheesey grin. I am constantly amazed at how quickly he learns physical things. He learned to get all the way to the top of the stairs the first time he tried. Anything can become a ball and get thrown at great speeds. He doesn't walk just yet but I think that's my fault for never being able to leave him alone and put him down. I am trying to convince myself not to be anxious about that since once he figures that out I'll be chasing him everywhere. His bright blue eyes and blonde hair still blow me away. I can't count the times we've been stopped for someone to tell us how much he looks like his Daddy. That might be my very favorite thing about Kyle, if he ends up being just like his Dad the world will be so much the better.
I thought it would be fun to try and take a few pictures of Kyle but he couldn't hold still. He did do something new on his birthday, he tried to stand on his own and luckily it was while I had the camera out, but it was tricky he was so wiggly.

7 comments:

Fab Five said...

I can't believe he's one already too! It seems like last month you just announced you were having a boy! And I didn't realize that everyone in your family, except for you, had a bday in Sept! Crazy!!!

EMILY said...

OH MY GOSH KYLE IS SO ADORABLE I CANT BELIEVE HES ONE EITHER CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS IN NOVEMBER

Kayleen said...

He still looks like his Daddy! What a cute little guy. Just tell him to slow down. He's growing up way too fast.

Cammie said...

I MELT when I see pictures of Kyle. OH man- what a hunk. I can't get over it

Jena said...

I've been trying to be good and keep up! I've missed a few posts. your family is adorable. Kyle is 1? Molly seems like she should be a newborn. Why does it have to go so fast? I'm so excited about Cammie's mission. Crazy! She is going to be amazing.

Cathrine said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle! I can't believe he is 1 either! That is crazy. He is such a cute little boy! He looks so much like Steve. It amazes me. So, 7 1/2 days and counting! We are so excited!

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I love him so much!