Monday, August 25, 2008

My baby is growing up, and I don't know if I can handle it!

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

Kinzy started Kindergarten today! She loves it and she has a wonderful teacher Mrs. Souers, and a great school Oakview Elementary but oh boy she is gone for almost eight hours and Kaylie and I miss her. I know this will be good for Kinzy, there are only 18 kids in the class, this school is so great. I would have gotten a lot more emotional but just before I could Kinzy was letting me know I needed to go before I stared embarassing her. What five year old knows to be embarassed by their mom? I can't imagine why I'd be an embarassing mom, but I must be because Steve quickly escorted me out of her classroom and said we don't want to embarass her. Is it that I am pregnant?

The principal had a Boo Hoo Breakfast for all the parents of Kindergarteners and she read the story "The Kissing Hand" all about how the parent and child can leave kisses in each other's hands to use when we miss each other as we're apart. Even she got emotional reading this book, I was fine until she lost it. As I thought about how fortunate we were to be at a place where the Principal cared that much it made me get emotional, but the tears really began to flow after I called my own mother and told her I'd just dropped off my own baby and couldn't believe I wouldn't see her for nearly 8 hours.

Kinzy rode the bus home today and did great the only problem was it was raining pretty good. I drove to get her at the top of our culdesac to pick her up out of the rain but she just wanted an umbrella and to walk home on her own. She let me drive slowly along side of her. That's my independent Kinzy. Of course I tried to get all I could on details of how the day went, all she wanted to tell me was how one of the kids just before getting on the bus threw up all over and a teacher stepped in it! The other stuff wasn't worth her saying at least today anyway. I hope to hear more tomorrow. All I needed to know from her point of view was she had a good day and she liked Kindergarten.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharalee! It sounds like Kinzy had a great first day! I know its hard to imagine that you have to get up and do it all over again tomorrow, but it'll be great...I promise! I can't believe how big the girls are...what a beautiful family!

Kayleen said...

I remember blubbering when I took Candice to Kindergarten. The first one is the hardest and when the last one graduates, it's Hip Hip Hooray! That Kinzy is quite the character. I'm glad she is enjoying school.

Katie said...

I loved reading and catching up on all your fun events! Sounds like things have been really fun and exciting at your house lately!

bronek said...

you guys are super! we're stoked for you to have a lil' steve running around the house. tesknimy za wami!

snieg

Brittany said...

Oh my! I starting crying just reading your post. Sweet Kinzy! We miss you guys!

The Imes Family said...

I've had the same feelings taking Sienna to school. I thought first grade would be no problem, but she keeps getting older and wants to be more independent. I guess this should be a good thing.

I noticed in the pictures that Sienna and Kinzy have the same shoes. Sienna wanted those shoes because they have sparkles on the bottom. She still brings them home and washes them off. She's nervous about washing the sparkles off her shoes.

Thanks for sharing your stories. It's fun to hear what you are up to and keep in touch a little.

Cherlynn

Kristen said...

Isn't kindergarten great?! Kinzy is adorable and I'm sure she's having the time of her little life! Glad she got a good teacher. That makes all the difference for a great year!