Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Country Music 1/2 Marathoners!



This was our fourth one, and I have only gotten worse on my time but we just love doing it so we can't stop. I am so grateful that I keep having babies in September because it allows me to be just barely pregnant or nursing when it's time to prepare and run this race. It motivates me to exercise and I feel so good when I regularly exercise. So, when the day comes that I am not pregnant or nursing I will have to competetively go after my time on this race. This year my mom designed us new shirts that have my darling sister Whitney's mark in hopes that we may just land another brochure. Last year our pictures were used in a Team in Training Leukemia Foundation brochure. We were all wearing matching shirts in remembrance of Whitney who was supposed to run this race with us until she passed away. The humorous thing is that she didn't pass away of Leukemia, but oh well we are flattered to be in a brochure none the less.

This year we were lucky enough to have our very own race photographer, David Watson. He cheered us on and ran along side of us getting us pumped to finish our tough race. David thank you, you're the BOMB! We ran with his daughter and son in-law Danielle and Blake Haines. They also proudly wore Whitney shirts so watch for all us in next years Team in Training brochure.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Man you rock for doing a 1/2 Marathon pregnant! Wow! Shane said he saw you guys. I wish I could have seen you guys. It sure was a fun race. Those pictures are great! Wow. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Cherlyn said...

Congrats to you all! I miss that race - um, run. It's by far been my favorite! I keep telling everyone I know that Nashville is the best place to run.
This year I did my first triathlon. It was a whole lot of fun. I may have a new hobby!