There are not a lot of entries I have made on our blog. But with the events of the past week I have so much on my mind, and can't even describe to you what has happened in our area with the flooding. They are telling us types of floods like this come once every THOUSAND years.
Because I am in the construction business Chris, Dave, and I are heavily involved with the relief efforts. It has brought tears to each of us as we see the devestation. These people have lost so much. To hear the stories of those that have lost all of their belongings will really change the way you look at life. We've met with dozens of families who had 10' of water in their homes, or more. I've personally seen 5 homes that burned to the ground because of explosions caused by the floods.
Since pictures speak louder than words, just look at the pictures. This is in our own area, our own streets, our own neighbors. Major flooding and complete loss of homes was just neighborhoods away from us. Count your blessings.
This video was made by someone on youtube. For those of you who have visited us in Tenn, you will recognize every one of these places. The first park is right next to our office. The Sonic is down the street from us. Pinkerton Park is where our kids love to play. Wow. Can you imagine this happening in your backyard? We can now:(
Thursday, May 6, 2010
The Floods
Posted by Unknown at 5/06/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
WOW!!!!!
Post a Comment