Friday, August 14, 2009

1st Day of 1st Grade

How could it be time for school to start again? I asked Kinzy if she felt like she had a nice long summer? Of course she said no, that it went to fast. Considering all we've done this summer it felt pretty long to me. I reminded her of all that we did, and still it wasn't long enough. We drove to Utah, California, Arizona, back to Utah, then finally home. We had granparents and cousins come visit. We did tons of fun things that I plan on blogging about someday (now that school has started again and we will re-establish a routine I feel it will be soon) Oh well, that's just the way it is, kids can never get enough fun.












Since last year I so terribly embarrassed Kinzy at school I decided to be a little more careful to not upset the apple cart yet again. So, I asked her if she'd like just one parent to take her on her first day and she said no way she wanted all of us to come with her including her siblings. That made me feel good, especially that she wanted Kaylie and Kyle there too.


Today went so well, I wish most all of my days could go so well. Kinzy happily made it to school, I ran a couple errands, Kaylie Kyle and I all got naps (what a miracle), I made a yummy healthy dinner and everyone ate it without much complaint, and the kids got to bed at a decent hour, and I listened to Book of Mormon on CD so I got my scripture study in too!

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

I can't believe Kinzy is in 1st grade!!! I'm pretty sad the summer is coming to an end - it doesn't seem near long enough!

Anonymous said...

yay 1st grade!!! woo hoo go Kinzy! and i LOVE the bangs.. so cute!! those are the bangs i have right now too!!!
-LOVE YA,
Auntie Kimbo :)