Wednesday, July 29, 2009

9 Years and Counting

When I started blogging I promised myself I would do this to recognize and leave a record of the major events in my family's lives. I have been very busy and distracted with my young family lately and haven't kept up with the blogging as well as I would have liked, but I just can't miss the opportunity to blog on a day like today as I reminisce about the last nine years of my life with Steve. Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!





I can't believe its already been nine years since Steve and I got married. The time has flown by and it has been the greatest nine years of my life. I love how in our engagement photos we look like a deacon and a beehive. We have definitely gotten better with age. Here are some of the things we have done together that have made us stronger as a couple and family;

Met on a blind date
Got married
Worked at sonic (where I consistentl made more tips)
Lived at Wymount (in Provo by our Nelson parents)
Helped take care of Oma on Sundays
Graduated with Bachelor's from BYU (me by the skin of my teeth thanks to Steve, ask him about it sometime it's a funny story)
Almost lost a brother to cancer
Had Kinzy
Moved to Tennessee (where we lived near our Nabrotzky parents)
Worked for the Home Place
Fixed up our first home
Started a business or two
Lost of couple pregnancies
Built a house of our own
Had Kaylie
Burried a sister who was only 20 years old at the time
Living through a recession while owning a residential construction company
Had a miracle baby boy Kyle

Some of these things started out hard but all of them have ended with us being happy, or at least at peace. I trust that all the things we go through in life together will always have a good ending, especially the things that start the hardest. Steve you are what make any of them worth it to me. I love you.

3 comments:

Kayleen said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Here's hoping for even more happiness as the years go by! Love you guys:)

Jena said...

one more and you have 10 years! I can't believe it! Hope you have a great anniversary. It was so good to see you this summer.

Cathrine said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe it has already been 9 years...that means bren and I are going on 8??!! wow, where does time go when you are having fun? Here's to you and many more years of wedding bliss!