2nd only to Steve I too am a huge BYU Cougar Basketball fan. I've so enjoyed watching this past college basketball season. We've come to really love the whole team and especially Jimmer. Who doesn't? We've even talked about naming our son (who isn't born yet) after Jimmer. We've watched Jimmer play, and read anything we can find in articles of papers, or online and Jimmer really does seem like a great guy and a person worthy of naming yet another person after.
Anyhow, I was 37 weeks pregnant the week BYU was playing in New Orleans. You're not supposed to travel after 36 weeks, but I was so in need of a get-a-way. After much thought and prayer I decided it would be ok to go if we took our whole family, Steve's parents were able to come with us, and if we could map out and know where all the hospitals were along the 7 hour drive there. I also had Steve watch YouTube videos on how to deliver a baby in a car. Because Steve wanted to go as much or more than I did he was highly motivated. His parents watched our kids while we went to the game, then enjoyed the remainder of our trip with us sight seeing and enjoying the New Orleans unique food and culture. We had some great food and a lot of fun just being out the house. My nesting has been out of control with this pregnancy and I am sure my family so enjoyed being with me outside of our home where I can't stop myself from obsessively straightening and re-organizing.
It was a tough loss in New Orleans for BYU but we still had such a good time and I wouldn't change anything about our trip down there.

0 comments:
Post a Comment