Grandma Shirley is Steve's Mom's mother. In the short time I've been in the Nabrotzky family I feel that she's become my grandmother just as much as she's always been Steve's. About two months ago this sweet lady passed away. Her health had been struggling for quite a while and we knew the time for her to go wasn't far off. Her funeral was held here in Tennessee, a good meeting place, not far from her burial site and we were able to accommadate everyone who wanted to come. All of her children and grandchildren were able to be there for the occassion, which truly turned out to be a celebration of the fine life she lived.
She was such an upstanding individual. It was her goal to always look at the positive and never give the negative in life a second glance. She had a great sense of humor and enjoyed being with her family and friends. She was very active until her health prevented her from being so. For many years she lived on the third floor of her apartment complex. I remember being out of breath by the time we reached her doorbell but she could make it up no problem, and she did so at least once everyday even if just to get the mail. Shirley was a God fearing woman with a strong testimony of our Savior. It was such a privilege to help prepare things for the funeral. While doing so we found some papers that outlined the way she wanted her funeral program, she had pages and pages of favorite scriptures as suggestions of things to read to help convey her great faith in Christ. It was all written in her cute cursive handwriting. Only my grandma's use cursive these days.
I was hoping to have this movie I made completed by her birthday but I haven't finished adding all the photos from the funeral and all the updated family pictures of the grandkids. I hope to get that finished soon but here is what was shown at the funeral and graveside service. I truly was blessed to have known her.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Grandma Shirley's Birthday January 11th
Posted by Unknown at 1/12/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Sharalee,
Thank you so much for that beautiful birthday tribute to my Mom and for sharing that wonderful movie. I was thinking of her a lot too and the pictures and music brought back many precious memories. It will always be a very special treasure to have.
Love,
Marianne
Post a Comment