Thursday, August 16, 2012

Our Day today

I haven't blogged in a century or so, but I just couldn't let this day go by without documenting all that Kamden did today. If anyone wonders why I am so not on top of things. . .Kamden has a little to do with it (I know I is mostly just me).
So he started out by getting a black eye from trying to climb into his high chair on his own. This was because I was helping Kinzy straighten her hair for school.
Next I was trying to help Kaylie play a game on the wii since that's what she wanted to do on her day before her first full day of Kindergarten. She even got a darling balloon and note from Oak View welcoming her as a new Kindergartner.




Once I got her all set I looked to find a trail of powder sugar and crumbs leading right up to the coffee table in the family room where I found the cutest but most troubling sight. . .




Kamdenwith a powder sugar beard swing his legs off the edge of the coffee table flinging the crumbs that couldn't stay in his mouth. When I asked who gave Kamden the donut both Kaylie and Kyle quickly said they hadn't. Hmmm so I decided to investigate further. As I went to question Kyle who was working on a project on the kitchen table I saw the package of donuts spilled on the floor. I guess he worked it off the counter himself. How could he see it, let alone reach it?
I needed to get to the grocery store badly so I could make a complete meal. There were lots of interruptions in our day which was fine we just didn't get everything accomplished that I'd hoped. By the time I was finally done exercising the dressed, it was time for lunch. Kamden could hardly keep his eyes open through lunch so I didn't have the heart to drag him along to get groceries. So we went after his nap.




While I was going to the bathroom tonight after putting the kids to bed, I heard Kamden cry like he was seriously injured. Then I heard Kyle cry. I shouted to Steve that I was in the bathroom and really couldn't come running right then to see what was up.
When I made it out Steve stopped to prep me in the hall way for the bad news. Kamden had jumped out of the crib because he did not want to be in bed. YIKES! This may sound crazy but we've never had a kid do this. I asked Kyle what happened and be said Kamden just put his leg over his crib and landed on right here (he was pointing to his own eye). That explains why I heard Kyle cry. Kamden was having a hard time settling down and going to sleep so Kyle asked me what he could do to help his brother and I told him he could sing to him. Kyle tried and all he got was hopefully not a black eye.
I told Steve we had to lower his crib right then. Luckily there was one more level to move it to. Kyle got out his tools to help it was so cute of him. Steve said he needed his drill and cute Kyle said you can use mine dad and he got it right out of his bucket. We let Kyle put the finishing touches on tightening the bolts with his drill.
We put the boys back to bed and listened to them for a few minutes more while Kyle tried to convince Kamden they needed to go to sleep. Once it got quiet I decided to go take a peak and see how things ended up.
This is what I found. I think Kamden was trying to show his frustration by tossing everything out of his crib. At least they're safely asleep now.




BOYS!

1 comments:

Kayleen said...

Oh the joys of small children! You have your hands full, but I'm here to tell you this time goes by so quickly. Glad you got pictures!!